What is FALL to you?

You know it is fall because the leaves are changing colors and falling on the ground.  The air is getting crisp and cooler.  BUT what really makes FALL for you?

To me Fall is defined by bonfires, sweaters, boots, apple orchards, tailgating and EVERYTHING PUMPKIN!  Do you find yourself craving pumpkin every year starting in mid to late September until just after Thanksgiving?  Well I do!  Many of these special treats are not exactly figure friendly if you know what I mean.  That is why sometimes we have to strap on our thinking caps and get creative and shake up our traditional recipes and make them a healthier version that works for us.  I am guilty of loving the Pumpkin Spice Latte from Starbucks and the Pumpkin Shake from Culver's, but neither one of them is good for me...so I got a little creative and made my own version of a yummy pumpkin treat.

And so the healthy pumpkin shake was born!

All you need is a few ingredients and a blender...

1/2 of a frozen banana
3/4 c unsweetened almond milk
1/3 c Greek yogurt
1/2 c pumpkin puree
1/2 tspn pumpkin pie spice
1 tspn cinnamon
1 pinch of ginger (fresh or ground)
1 scoop of shakeology (I used CHOCOLATE!)

I tossed all of these ingredients into my nutriBullet and bam, I had a tasty treat to enjoy this morning!

Comments

Popular Posts