Kale Chips

Today I decided to make some Kale Chips for myself as a healthy snack to be able to munch on. Little did I know that this snack would be popular with someone else too. I have now discovered a new way to get my 1 year old to get his veggies in and lets face it getting your little one to eat their veggies is not always the easiest task!

The best part is that they are easy AND cheap to make!

Kale Chips

Bake @ 350 degrees

-Remove stems and tear into pieces
-Rinse and dry in salad spinner or on paper towel
-Toss with:

  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 1 tablespoon sea salt
  • zest of 1 lemon
  • juice from 1/2 lemon
  • 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
  • 1 tablespoon garlic powder
  • 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese






-Arrange on a cookie sheet with parchment paper in a single layer
-Bake for about 20 minutes or until crisp

I never would have imagined that they would be this easy or this popular...I guess I know what I will be doing every week or two to have on hand! ;)

Comments

Popular Posts