Healthy Turkey Gyros

Who doesn't love a good gyro? I know that I crave gyros but the grease that comes along with them is obviously not the healthiest option. So did I let that stop me from enjoying one of my favorite foods? Nah...it just motivated me to get creative and put a healthy twist on one of my beloveds! Trust me after making this your taste buds will be saying OPA!

What you will need...
Ground Turkey
Tomatoes, diced
Greek yogurt Tzatziki sauce
1 whole wheat tortilla
seasoning:
4 Tbsp dried parsley
4 tsp dried onion flakes
2 tsp dried basil
1 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp dried thyme
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp sea salt
1/4 tsp ground black pepper





First I started browning some ground turkey (I like the Jennie O ground turkey in the tube because it is finer). Before the meat is finished cooking, I let it cook for about 1-2 minute, I add the seasoning. I let the meat completely cook and absorb the seasonings. If there is any fat drippings (turkey meat tends to be lean so there may not be) I drain with some paper towel.

Take your Greek yogurt tzatziki sauce and spread it over your tortilla in a thin layer. Add the meat. Top with the tomatoes and another small dab of tzatziki sauce.

You won't even know that it is good for you and you may even be tempted for seconds...but you know that you should save those for leftovers! :)

If you are following the 21 Day Fix this meal is:
1/2 red- Greek yogurt tzatziki sauce, 1 red- ground turkey, 1 yellow- wheat tortilla, 1 green- tomatoes

Comments

Popular Posts