Parmigiano Hommus Chicken

It is no secret that I like to cook. Sometimes I follow recipes but often I get inspired by others or a recipe and create my own deliciousness! I like to think of myself as a mad scientist in the kitchen because I am always trying new combinations to make something tasty for my family.

This is how my PARMIGIANO HOMMUS CHICKEN was born. The bonus is that it is actually really good for you and if you follow the 21 Day Fix from Beachbody...you can still enjoy this recipe!!!





What you will need:

  • Parmigiano-Reggiano Cheese
  • Panko Crumbs
  • Dried Parsley
  • Freshly Ground Pepper
  • Himalayan Pink Salt
  • Hommus
  • Cleaned Chicken Breasts

So to start...

You will need to mix 1/2 c panko crumbs with 1/3 c parmigiano-reggiano cheese, 1/8 tsp black pepper, 1/8 tsp pink Himalayan salt and 1 tsp dried parsley. Mix this mixture well in a small bowl.

Make sure that you clean up your chicken and remove any fatty chunks. Trust me the chicken will be moist enough without having the fat baked into your meat.
Then spread a thin coating of Hommus (I used 1.5 oz for 2 chicken breasts, front and back) on one side of your chicken. You will use some of your breading to cover your hommus on your chicken.
I placed my chicken with the breading down on a baking sheet covered in parchment paper.
After you have the bare side up, cover with the remaining hommus from your 1.5 oz serving and top with the rest of your breading.

Pop your chicken into an oven or a toaster oven at 375 degrees for 10-15 minutes. 

When done, you will have a masterpiece of yumminess and your tummy will be thanking you!

*If you are a 21 Day Fix person...figure a chicken breast according to how many reds you want to eat. I made this recipe for two, so it breaks down to 3/4 blue (this includes both the cheese and the hommus), 1/2 yellow and 1 1/2 red.





Comments

Popular Posts