Quinoa Breakfast Bites

I am always open to new and yummy recipes... some I make up, some I recreate and some are shared with me and too good not to share with YOU!

So when my sister Kelly made these delicious mini ham and cheese quinoa bites this past weekend when I was up visiting her and both of our sons ate them up, I knew I had to share with you all this amazing recipe.... and no need reinventing the wheel when it already works so well! So I made sure to share the blog with you at the end but here is the recipe for these yummy treats that are perfect for breakfast....kids and adults will both love them!


They are all good for you... hello, complex carbohydrate and gluten-free quinoa is always a win when in a recipe! And a good way to hide some veggies for your picky eaters too!



Mini Ham & Cheese Quinoa Breakfast Bites

Ingredients

MAKES 28 MINI CUPS
  • 2 cups cooked quinoa (about 3/4 cup uncooked)
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 egg whites
  • 1 cup shredded zucchini
  • 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
  • 1/2 cup diced ham
  • 1/4 cup loosely packed parsley, chopped
  • 2 Tablespoons shredded or grated parmesan cheese
  • 2 green onions, chopped
  • salt & pepper

Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mix to combine. Liberally spray a mini muffin tin with non-stick spray and spoon mixture to the top of each cup. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the edges of the cups are golden brown. Let cool for at least 5 minutes before removing from the mini muffin tin.
  2. To freeze: Place baked cups on a baking sheet then freeze until solid and transfer to a freezer bag. Microwave for 20-40 seconds depending on how many you're reheating.
  3. For regular-sized muffin tins: Bake for 25-30 minutes (Note: I have not tested full-sized muffins myself, although several readers have left comments saying this works!)











































 http://iowagirleats.com/2012/02/16/mini-ham-cheese-quinoa-cups/



Trust me, these are so good that you will want to bring these to your next get together too!! Enjoy!

Comments

Popular Posts